Each year, the AMA adds, revises and deletes numerous radiology-specific CPT codes. For 2016 a large number of these changes — 10 new codes, to be exact — apply to diagnostic radiology procedures of the hips, pelvis and spine. This session addresses the significant amount of confusion surrounding these codes by covering each one in detail, enabling you to achieve the correct, complete and fully compliant code assignments. Highlights:
- Identify the new CPT code choices for radiographs of the hips, pelvis and spine
- Which codes have been retained from previous years, along with their appropriate use, as well as guidance with avoiding code fragmentation/unbundling
- Understand which codes best define the procedures performed
- Clarification of NCCI edits applicable to these new codes
- Guidance with interpreting both "CPT language" and physician dictation to arrive the correct code selections and, by extension, accurate claims
- Coded case examples to reinforce key learning points
- Q&A opportunity — the presenter will answer as many questions as time permits
CLICK HERE for information about other sessions in this three-part webcast series.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.