Bringing Clarity Gray Areas Surrounding Genitourinary Studies
Clearing up the common confusion surrounding coding for diagnostic and therapeutic genitourinary procedures, this webcast provides in-depth guidance and instruction for proper application of the GU code series - what's included in the bundled codes and what's separately reported, the appropriate use of add-on codes, modifier assignments and code selection for unilateral and bilateral procedures.
The agenda, covered by our presenter, Jeff Majchrzak includes a review of component coding and interventional radiology coding guidelines, as well as:
- GU Procedures
- Typical CPT® Options (50390, 50395-50396, 50684, 50688, 50690)
- Bundled CPT Options (50382, 50384-50387, 50389)
- Full Descriptions of Codes for Diagnostic and Therapeutic GU Procedures
- Urinary System — Kidney, Ureter
- Therapeutic Percutaneous Genitourinary Procedures
- Codes 50432, 50433, 50434, 50435
- Biopsy - Code 50606
- Ureteral Stent Placement - Codes 50693-50695
- Repair - Codes 50705-50706
- Codes Deleted (Since 2016) Affecting GU Procedures
- Surgical (50392-50394, 50398)
- Genitourinary (74475, 74480)
- Renal Procedures — Surgical and S&I Coding Examples
- Case Examples
Note: Before participating in this session, we recommend that you attend our 2017 Basics of Interventional Radiology Coding webcast, which covers general IR coding essentials.
Click here for information about other sessions in this 11-part webcast series.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.