Resolve to eliminate the coding and billing mistakes that routinely sabotage pharmacy revenues and compliance. With help from MedLearn Publishing, you will be equipped with easy-to-understand and reliable explanations of the substantial changes this year, including the JW modifier, APC packaging of observation, off-campus PBD, new drug codes, and more. Take a look at the webcasts agenda:
- Medicare Payment for Outpatient Drugs — for 2017, Part B drug prices decreased by 0.4 percent.
- Change of Policy for Pass-Through Status — CMS revised policy on the transitional pass-through payment period.
- OPPS Update to Change and Status Indicators — revised status indicator E and other updates.
- Drug Updates — including the packaging threshold payments for non-pass-through and biologicals, change to drugs with pass-through status, biosimilar drug guidance, compound drug code J7999 clarification.
- Prolonged Infusion — Billing the provider?
- JW Modifier (Transmittal 3538) — effective January 1, 2017.
- Billing of Waste — JW modifier, correct units of Herceptin (Trastuzumab), and single-dose vs. single-use vial.
- 2017 OPPS HCPCS Updates and Changes
- Review of Reporting Essentials —
- Drug descriptors
- HCPCS codes
- Billing units
- Innovation models
- VBP proposed Part B payment model
- Prescribing of Opiate/Opioid drugs
- Comprehensive APC (C-APC)
- APC packaging of observation
- Site-neutral payment for Off-Campus PBDs
- Documentation requirements for drugs
- National Drug Codes (NDC reporting)
- Self-administered drugs
- Audit Findings — including the latest CMS news, 2017 OIG Work Plan, and the Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs).
- Hot Topics — price gouging and orphan drugs.