Now available on CD & On-Demand
Our experts respond to your top concerns and questions
When RACmonitor, a division of Panacea Healthcare Solutions, Inc., surveyed providers as to which topics they would like to see addressed in a webcast, the number-one answer was infusion services. This is no surprise to us, considering the variety and volume of questions we receive regarding coding and documentation for infusion services. In response, MedLearn Publishing brings you a brand new webcast seminar covering fundamentals of the outpatient infusion services revenue cycle. From patient registration and advance beneficiary notices (ABNs) to coding rules and sufficient documentation, this session covers a full spectrum of processes and protocols, helping you maintain a healthy revenue cycle, as well as full regulatory compliance. Highlights:
- Starting out on the right foot with every patient who requires outpatient infusion services, including the proper presentation and management of ABNs
- Establishing medical necessity for drugs and biologicals, encompassing label and off-label uses, as well as guidelines in local coverage determinations (LCDs) and supplemental coverage articles
- Infusion services coding rules and code hierarchy, with a special focus on the top issues that pose a compliance risk to providers
- Maximum allowable units, along with tips for ensuring accurate claims
- Documentation essentials, from creating valid orders to correctly populating the patients electronic health record (EHR)
- Compliance audit risk areas specific to outpatient infusion services; includes an overview of the various Medicare audit contractors and prepayment/post-payment claims review programs
- What the auditors are targeting, including excessive units, including use of modifier -59 and payment for outpatient services greater than one
About the presenters: This MedLearn Publishing webcast is presented by Susan Howe, RHIT, CCS, CASCC, and Robin Miller Zweifel, BS, MT(ASCP).
Ms. Howe is a Senior Healthcare Consultant, Clinical Consulting Services, at Panacea Healthcare Solutions. She has more than 25 years of experience in health information management, inpatient coding, outpatient and ASC coding and data quality. In her role as consultant, Ms. Howe performs inpatient DRG and diagnostic reviews and outpatient (APC/ASC) reviews. In addition, her on-site assignments include verifying documentation quality and code assignment. She also delivers education to inpatient and outpatient coding staff, providing recommendations for medical records operations and instructing facility staff on ICD-9-CM and CPT coding guidelines. Previous positions include coding supervisor at an Indiana hospital, where she managed coding for inpatient, outpatient, emergency room and home healthcare services.
Ms. Zweifel is Vice President, Clinical Consulting Services - Chargemaster, at Panacea Healthcare Solutions. She possesses 25-plus years of healthcare industry experience, including 16 years in the clinical setting. At Panacea, Ms. Zweifel's duties include conducting procedure coding and chargemaster assessments, reviewing operations for regulatory compliance and assisting in the implementation of facility compliance programs. Among her responsibilities are coding and compliance audits for outpatient medical oncology and pharmacy, specific to drug administration service lines. In addition, Ms. Zweifel is a contributor to MedLearn Publishing infusion services publications. She leads the development of Panacea's CDMAuditor CDM Coding & Compliance module and contributes to a number of publications and web-based products that help providers maintain regulatory compliance, while ensuring positive revenue outcomes.
Return policy: Sales of MedLearn Publishing webcasts, when accessed online, are final; no returns are accepted. Webcasts purchased on CD may be returned for a refund within 30 days of purchase, as long as the CDs are in their original condition and packaging.