For a better understanding of the latest revisions to the CPT® code set, rely on the best-selling
CPT® Changes 2020: An Insider’s View. Find the meaning behind all of the changes included in the AMA’s CPT® 2020 Professional Edition codebook. Invest in this annual publication and get the insider’s perspective into the CPT code set directly from the source—the American Medical Association.
AMA is the authority to turn to when seeking an official interpretation and explanation for a CPT code or guideline change. Know the changes inside and out. Avoid and reduce claim denials.
Features and Benefits
- Organizational structure similar to the CPT codebook — allows coders to easily conduct a side-by-side read of CPT® Changes with the CPT® Professional
- Official AMA rationales — provide a detailed explanation for the code or guideline change
- Clinical examples, procedural descriptions and illustrations — help explain the practical application for each change
- At-a-glance summary table of the 2020 changes in each section — shows the extent to which that changes affect a particular specialty
Key Selling Points
- Serves as a good cross-reference for the latest edition of the CPT codebook by providing users with extended and practical explanations and applications for each change in the codebook
- Consolidates and explains all the changes from the latest codebook
- Provides reasons why and how a code may have been revised, deleted or added; and the implication of the changes
- Clinical examples and descriptions of procedure provide practical examples of the typical patients affected by new and revised codes in order to illustrate how to use
"This annual edition of the CPT code changes is an essential reference for the CPT coder and biller. I cannot imagine using the new codes without the explanations this book provides."
—LouAnn Schraffenberger, MBA, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P
Coding professionals, physicians, allied health professionals, medical office staff, coding consultants, educators, trainers and insurance carrier staff
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.