Unprecedented virtual event: Three top coding and documentation experts at your fingertips
Three of the country's most acclaimed subject matter experts will converge over a three-day virtual workshop that tackles coding and documentation for some of the most challenging areas of medicine: interventional radiology, cardiac rhythm management/electrophysiology, contrast-enhanced ultrasound and nuclear medicine.
For 10 intensive hours, you’ll learn directly from the best in the business — Catherine Huyghe, Jeff Majchrzak and Donna Richmond — brought to you through our partnership with Panacea Healthcare Solutions. In addition to plain-English, actionable explanations of rules, regulations and concepts, you’ll gain clarity from actual dictated reports and hands-on coding assignments.
Which codes should you use…or avoid? Why is it important to keep your chargemaster up to date? How can your IR, radiology and cardiology teams work with your chargemaster department to improve revenue integrity? Expect answers to these and many other questions that are vitally important to achieving optimal financial outcomes and regulatory compliance.
Attend all 3 days and save or mix and match the days you want most!
Day 3: Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Nuclear Medicine Coding (1 hour)
- CPT coding and documentation for SPECT, SPECT/CT, PET and PET/CT
- Clarification of the nuclear medicine coding overhaul of 2020, including how to decipher the nuances of code assignments
- Case examples to illustrate complete, compliant coding
Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) / Electrophysiology (EP) Coding (2 hours)
- Coding and documentation for diagnostic, therapeutic, pacemaker and ICD procedures; covers 3xxxx and 93xxx series of the CPT manual
- Explanations of CRM/EP procedures and the anatomy involved
- Key differences between the diagnostic and therapeutic portions of CRM procedures
- Case examples to highlight documentation best practices and to help identify and extract key language to arrive at complete, compliant code assignments
Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Coding (0.5 hour)
- Overview of the current environment surrounding CEUS coding and billing
- Discussion of AMA and ACR coding recommendations, including clinical indications and discrepancies
Click here to view the full agenda →
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
*The purchase of the virtual event allows for (1) one participant to attend. CEUs will only be awarded to the registered individual.