More complete — and convenient — than ever!
For 2018, we've combined two of our popular coding resources into one convenient how-to guide. Now you get our Peripheral and Cardiology Coder book integrated with our Diagnostic Cardiology and Pulmonary Coding Guide. And it's not just about saving you time, because this resource delivers proven instruction and insights from top cardiology coding experts.
Looking for cardiac cath CPT® codes? Challenged by the complexities of peripheral coding? Whatever the need, you'll find clear, concise guidance through coding and billing for a full range of diagnostic and interventional services involving the cardiac, vascular and pulmonary systems.
From arch, head and neck imaging to lower extremity vascular interventions, Peripheral and Cardiology Coder covers it all — angiography, angioplasty, stenting, atherectomy, embolization, vein ablation and much more. It also brings clarity to the confusion over sleep study coding.
New for 2018
- Expanded guidance on non-invasive vascular/duplex diagnostic studies and cardiac stress tests
- Updated EVAR information
- Category III codes added for noninvasive estimated coronary FFR
- Revisions of add-on instruction
- Updated guidance for ABI
- New codes for endovenous ablation treatment of incompetent veins, plus expanded guidance on EVAT
- Additions, deletions, and revisions to CPT codes
Features and Benefits
- Step-by-step through coding for diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization and diagnostic, therapeutic interventional radiological (peripheral) procedures, as well as diagnostic cardiology, pulmonary and sleep study procedures
- Easy to navigate — organized by types of procedures, and then by CPT code sequence
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
- Each section includes:
- Explanation of the procedure and how it's performed
- CPT/HCPCS and revenue codes, along with modifiers, where applicable
- Coding guidelines and/or billing tips
- Medicare payment tables (2018 RVUs and APCs)
- Case studies to reinforce the appropriate CPT/HCPCS and ICD-10 code assignments
- High-quality anatomical diagrams, providing a visual quick-reference guide to common procedures and code assignments
- Special help with common areas of confusion and noncompliance, such as:
- Using add-on codes for cardiac cath and coronary interventions
- Billing for a diagnostic coronary angiogram in addition to an intervention
- Coding for single vs. multiple-vessel coronary interventions
- Use of HCPCS Level I CPT and HCPCS Level II modifiers
- Documentation to support medical necessity and code assignments
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
The final rules for the 2018 Medicare outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) and the Medicare physician fee schedule (MPFS) dictate the publishing dates for our books. In previous years, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services have issued these final rules in early November of the previous year (November 2017), and the updating process for our books begins.