Abdominal aortograms, lower extremity angiography, and arterial revascularization are services that have the highest coding error rates we see across the country. Complex procedures, even more complex coding rules, and often unclear documentation leave those responsible for coding these services in a tough position. We are here to help! Based on frequently asked questions and errors she most commonly encounters, this 90-minute session, developed by Cathy Huyghe, is designed to help you code completely, compliantly, and confidently.
Benefit from Cathy’s knowledge and experience with in-depth explanations of procedures, corresponding CPT® codes, documentation requirements, and key phrases. With guidance and tips, this session will provide you a solid foundation to quickly and accurately arrive at the right code choices for abdominal and lower extremity imaging and interventions.
With anatomical illustrations and case examples throughout to pinpoint out key aspects of procedures and documentation, the agenda for this session includes:
- An overview of modifiers and NCCI edits
- A quick review of common areas of confusion when coding for diagnostic cardiac catheterization and coronary interventions — including FFR/IVUS
- Abdominal, renal and visceral angiography
- Abdominal aortograms
- Abdominal aortograms with lower extremity angiograms
- Abdominal aortograms with run-off
- Lower extremity angiography
- Selective and non-selective studies
- Ipsilateral and contralateral catheterizations
- Lower extremity venography
- Arterial revascularization procedures, coding and guidelines
- Documentation requirements to support code selections
- And more!
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.