In-depth discussion of coding for abdominal imaging and interventions
Providing instruction in coding for abdominal angiography and interventions, this session will discuss the differences and nuances in code choices for a full range of services, including aortic endograft procedures, with guidance on when each code is appropriate to use, and how those code choices can change based on how the procedure is performed. With in-depth descriptions of the procedures themselves and corresponding code choices, reinforced with examples, case studies and anatomic diagrams, you will walk away confident when coding for abdominal procedures.
The agenda, covered by our presenter, Jeff Majchrzak includes:
- Abdominal/visceral angiography
- Overview of CPT codes and how they relate to procedures, anatomy and key phrases to look for in documentation
- Abdominal interventional procedures
- Arterial and venous with review of anatomy, procedures and corresponding code choices
- Aortic aneurysm repair including EVAR/TEVAR/FEVAR and new codes for iliac endografts
- Imaging guidance – when it can and cannot be separately reported
- Case examples and scenarios with an emphasis on the do’s and don’ts when coding for abdominal procedures with key phrases to look for in documentation
- Answers to frequently asked questions and, time permitting, answers to attendee questions
Click here for information about other sessions in this 11-part webcast series.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.