Easily grasp IR coding fundamentals
Are you a new coder or a non-clinical staff member who needs to quickly get up to speed on interventional radiology coding? You'll really appreciate this introductory guide — exclusive to MedLearn Publishing, the leader in IR coding, documentation and compliance. It delivers "101 level" knowledge in clear, uncomplicated language.
New for 2018
- Updates to collapsing/bundling of codes
- New, revised and deleted codes, such as:
- Cryoablation codes
- Endovascular Repair of Infrarenal Aorta (EVAR)
- Endovenous Albation of Incompetent Veins
- Bone Marrow Diagnostic Procedures
- Brachial Retrograde Artery
- Knee Antrography Injection
- Updated charts and case studies
- New instruction and guidance on common audit risks and challenges for basic IR services
Features and Benefits
- Fully updated for 2018, including any new and revised codes, code descriptions, coding guidelines and payments
- Step-by-step through the basics of coding and billing for IR procedures, including both diagnostic exams and therapeutic interventions
- Easy to navigate — content is organized by nonvascular and vascular IR, and then by type of procedure and body system
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
- Easy-to-understand overviews of essential topics, including diagnostic vs. therapeutic procedures, physician vs. hospital coding, Medicare payments, CPT® coding basics and more
- Each section on specific IR services includes:
- Description of the procedure and how it’s performed
- Critical elements in the physician documentation
- Correct CPT/HCPCS codes and coding guidelines for each procedure
- Case examples to reinforce key concepts
- Anatomical illustrations showing common procedures and the corresponding CPT codes
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
The final rules for the 2018 Medicare outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) and the Medicare physician fee schedule (MPFS) dictate the publishing dates for our books. In previous years, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services have issued these final rules in early November of the previous year (November 2017), and the updating process for our books begins.
We estimate that our books will ship to our customers in December, and we will keep you informed of the shipping date.
If you have any questions, please contact