Ensure appropriate, compliant coding and avoid missed revenue
Are you capturing all legitimate charges for cardiac cath and peripheral services? Are you confident with coding for peripheral angiography and interventions? Centered around common coding errors, this session brings procedures to life to ensure you walk away with not only an understanding of the codes as they relate to specific procedures, but also how to apply them based on the documentation.
Based on common questions, and common mistakes, join Cathy Huyghe as she walks through real-life case examples hand-picked to address the top problem areas she sees in cath labs across the country. You'll learn the dos and don'ts of coding and billing for selected cardiac cath and peripheral procedures while walking away with a deeper understanding of the procedures themselves, what can and cannot be charged, documentation requirements and best practices to share. With this knowledge, you will be confident that you're consistently capturing all legitimate charges.
- A clear understanding of CPT® coding guidelines for cardiac catheterization and non-coronary (peripheral) procedures performed by cardiologists
- Step-by-step coding for a variety of procedures performed in the cardiac cath lab, including:
- Reporting multiple primary coronary artery interventions, coronary modifier assignment, and FFR
- Coronary bypass grafts and issues
- Abdominal/renal angiography with and without cardiac cath
- Abdominal aortography
- Lower extremity angiography
- Upper extremity angiography with and without cardiac cath
- Thrombolytic therapy procedures
- Real-life case examples illustrating practical application of codes, guidelines and coding dos and don'ts
- Understanding of documentation requirements to code procedures
- Best practices for documentation and billing
- Discussion of common modifier issues
- Time permitting, answers to attendee questions!
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.