Cardiac cath and coronary interventions have plenty of challenges from a coding and charging standpoint. The ongoing expansion of peripheral services in cath labs continues to raise the stakes. Are your code assignments and charges fully supported in the physician documentation, or is there room for improvement?
Based on common questions, and common mistakes, join Cathy Huyghe as she walks through real-life case examples hand-picked to address the top problem areas she sees in cath labs across the country. You'll learn the dos and don'ts of coding and billing for selected cardiac cath and peripheral procedures while walking away with a deeper understanding of the procedures themselves, what can and cannot be charged, documentation requirements and best practices to share. With this knowledge, you will be confident that you're consistently capturing all legitimate charges.
Note: Included with your registration are a complimentary set of anatomical charts (in PDF format) to follow along with Cathy as each case is presented.
What's on the agenda:
- CPT® coding guidelines for cardiac catheterization and non-coronary (peripheral) procedures performed by cardiologists
- Step by step, with complimentary charts to guide you through a variety of in-depth coding procedures performed in the cardiac cath or hybrid lab, including:
- Upper extremity angiography with and without cardiac cath
- Abdominal/renal angiography with and without cardiac cath
- Abdominal aortography
- Lower extremity angiography
- Venous procedures, including interventions
- Thrombolytic therapy procedures
- Coronary bypass grafts and issues
- Lower extremity venous procedures, including interventions
- Each coding scenario includes real-life case examples that reinforce key concepts and illustrate coding dos and don'ts
- Cardiology-specific National Correct Coding Initiative language and edits
- Essential practices for documentation and billing, ensuring support for your code assignments and the full appropriate payment
- Answers to attendee questions (time permitting)
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.