Safeguard vital CRM payments
The more important cardiac rhythm management (CRM) revenues are to your facility, the more you need the authoritative instruction delivered in this tried-and-true resource. Covering the latest advances in procedures and technologies, our CRM experts walk you step by step to the correct codes and charges.
With our 2018 Cardiac Rhythm Management Coder in your hands, you can master the basics of CPT®/HCPCS coding for ablation, electrophysiology studies, pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), lead removal, lead replacement and many other outpatient CRM procedures. This popular book also covers a broad range of inpatient CRM procedures, from cardiac resynchronization therapy to percutaneous ablation.
Each chapter guides you through the various aspects of CRM revenue capture, including the proper reporting of codes and modifiers, 2018 APCs and payment amounts. As an added bonus, you get definitions of procedures and devices, insights into NCCI policy and clinical case examples.
CRM coding comes with significant compliance threats, so you'll be glad to know that the 2018 Cardiac Rhythm Management Coder will help you avoid costly errors and omissions pertaining to add-on codes, code unbundling, high-cost implantable devices and other areas of confusion. It's never been easier to maximize your CRM coding accuracy and minimize your risks!
New for 2018
- New chapter on diagnostic screening and procedures, including; electrocardiograms, cardiovascular monitoring services, and patient event monitors.
- Extra guidance surrounding remote and in-person cardiovascular electronic device monitoring
- Billing tip for HIS Bundle
- Updates to billing/payment tables
Features and Benefits
- Step-by-step through coding and billing for a broad range of CRM devices and procedures, including pacemakers, cardioverter-defibrillators, subcutaneous defibrillators, electrodes, noninvasive program stimulation, electrophysiology (EP) studies, ablation, and cardiovascular electronic device analysis
- Easy to navigate — content is organized into three main sections:
- Basics and background information — includes explanations of common procedures, along with indications and Medicare coverage
- Outpatient coding and billing &mdash includes the various coding systems, hospital OPPS and ASC payments and coding for specific procedures
- Inpatient coding and billing — includes ICD-10 coding system, MS-DRG payments and coding for specific procedures
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
- Each section on specific procedures includes:
- Description of the procedure and how it's performed
- Appropriate CPT/HCPCS or ICD-10 code assignments
- Billing tips
- Clinical examples reinforce the correct application of current procedural codes and coding rules
- Special help with common areas of confusion and noncompliance, such as:
- The appropriate use of add-on codes
- Unbundling of codes
- Coding for electrophysiology and ablation
- Physician documentation to support code assignments
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
The final rules for the 2018 Medicare outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) and the Medicare physician fee schedule (MPFS) dictate the publishing dates for our books. In previous years, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services have issued these final rules in early November of the previous year (November 2017), and the updating process for our books begins.