A one-stop resource for safeguarding your CRM/EP revenues and compliance
Cardiac rhythm management (CRM) and electrophysiology (EP) procedures generate substantial revenue for hospitals and physician practices. But reimbursements can be elusive due to low coding accuracy rates, inconsistent and highly technical physician documentation, along with the sheer complexity of the procedures themselves. Even if revenues are meeting expectations, your claims may be vulnerable to auditors who are fully prepared to find mistakes and take back payments.
Could it get any tougher? The answer is a resounding “yes,” because many coders find themselves struggling with many of the new, deleted and revised codes that have been implemented in recent years, including new codes for remote physiologic monitoring and leadless pacemakers.
Protecting vital CRM/EP revenues hinges upon making certain you have the most dependable and trusted how-to resources at your fingertips. Besides helping you navigate the inherent challenges of CRM coding, billing, and documentation, our
Cardiac Rhythm Management Coder book will guide you through many recent changes that profoundly impact reimbursements and compliance.
Features and Benefits
Our experts address common questions, concerns, and problem areas:
- Overcoming physician documentation issues, specifically the highly technical language, and critical missing details, that can prevent you from assigning the correct codes
- Comprehending subtle differences among procedures and how they relate to code selection
- Coding for ablation procedures, including the use of add-on codes
- Diagnostic EP — what may and may not be coded
- Coding rules and guidelines for the implantation, replacement, and removal of temporary pacemakers
- The unique challenges and nuances of coding and billing for device remote monitoring — an area of growth for many facilities
Updated and expanded content, including:
- Guidance with remote physiologic monitoring codes
- Instruction and tips to clarify the use of leadless pacemaker codes, as well as revisions to codes for imaging guidance and device evaluations
- Information on new technology for implantable cardioverter defibrillator procedures and the corresponding category III subsection
- Responses to frequent areas of concern, including coding for remote monitoring, HIS bundle lead with the insertion of a pacemaker system, electrode repair, diagnostic EP and ablation procedures
- Updated information on NCCI edits and their impact on CRM services
Clear, step-by-step guidance through the tasks you perform every day:
- Coding, billing, and documentation for a broad range of CRM devices and procedures, including pacemakers, cardioverter-defibrillators, subcutaneous defibrillators, electrodes, noninvasive program stimulation, EP studies, ablation, and cardiovascular electronic device analysis
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
A proven quick-reference approach for busy professionals:
- Easy to navigate for all patient settings; content is organized into three main sections:
- Basics and background information — includes explanations of common procedures, along with indications and Medicare coverage
- Outpatient coding and billing — includes the various coding systems, hospital OPPS and ASC payments and coding for specific procedures
- Inpatient coding and billing — includes ICD-10 coding system, MS-DRG payments, and coding for specific procedures
- Each section on specific procedures includes:
- Description of the procedure and how it's performed
- Appropriate CPT® /HCPCS or ICD-10 code assignments
- Billing tips
- Clinical examples to reinforce the correct application of current procedural codes and coding rules
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
*Subscribers to the
Interventional Radiology, Radiology, or Comprehensive All-Access Pass, and/or MedLearn Media Resource Center receive 30% off the print version of the books included with their membership. This 30% does not include AMA fees or shipping and handling fees. For questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.