It's easier than ever to keep up with the latest CRM advances
Have your coding and billing kept pace with the rapid advances in CRM treatments and technologies? We understand what a monumental challenge that can be — which is why we made ease of use a top priority with this trusted resource. With minimal time and effort, you'll find the vital information you need: correct CPT®/HCPCS and ICD-10 codes, documentation requirements, coverage determinations and current payments, encompassing the latest CRM innovations. The more important CRM revenues (and compliance) are to your facility, the more you need Cardiac Rhythm Management Coder!
Features and Benefits
- Updated with NEW information:
- Many new, deleted and revised codes for reporting services and devices, including:
- Leadless pacemakers
- Wireless cardiac stimulation
- Ischemia monitoring services
- Subcutaneous quantitative monitoring services (loop recorder)
- Pulmonary wireless pressure monitoring services
- Updated directives pertaining to battery replacement codes
- New information on condition codes 49 and 50
- National Coverage Determination (NCD) information affecting MRIs for patients with implants and patients with cardioverter-defibrillators implants
- Step-by-step guidance through coding, billing and documentation for a broad range of CRM devices and procedures, including pacemakers, cardioverter-defibrillators, subcutaneous defibrillators, electrodes, noninvasive program stimulation, electrophysiology (EP) studies, ablation, and cardiovascular electronic device analysis
- Easy to navigate for all patient settings — content is organized into three main sections:
- Basics and background information — includes explanations of common procedures, along with indications and Medicare coverage
- Outpatient coding and billing — includes the various coding systems, hospital OPPS and ASC payments and coding for specific procedures
- Inpatient coding and billing — includes ICD-10 coding system, MS-DRG payments and coding for specific procedures
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
- Each section on specific procedures includes:
- Description of the procedure and how it's performed
- Appropriate CPT®/HCPCS or ICD-10 code assignments
- Billing tips
- Clinical examples reinforce the correct application of current procedural codes and coding rules
- Special help with common areas of confusion and noncompliance, such as:
- The appropriate use of add-on codes
- Unbundling of codes
- Coding for electrophysiology and ablation
- Physician documentation to support code assignments
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
When will my book ship? We will begin publishing our 2019 books immediately after the CMS releases the 2019 Final Rule. We anticipate this will be in early November, and estimate our books will begin shipping in December.