Meet expectations for coding output AND quality? No problem!
“Boost output AND accuracy” is the expectation of peripheral and cardiology coders nowadays. But can you really do both — especially given the complexities of procedures and the variances in physician documentation? The answer is “yes,” if you have the right people and the right tools…including our Peripheral & Cardiology Coding Charts.
Designed to increase output and accuracy, these color-coded, high-quality anatomical charts provide a shortcut from physician intent to the correct CPT® codes and charges for a broad spectrum of cardiology, cardiac cath, and peripheral procedures. Whatever your experience level, you’ll appreciate how the charts help you quickly visualize the procedure-code connection. They also enable faster, more efficient communications with your physicians, when needed.
Is your coding accuracy challenged by inconsistent physician documentation? Could you use a tool to visualize the subtle differences between similar procedures to arrive at the correct bundled code? Whatever the challenge, chances are our Peripheral & Cardiology Coding Charts will make your job easier. Hint: These charts are the ideal complement to our
Peripheral & Cardiology Coder book!
Features and Benefits
- A visual representation of coding covering:
- Peripheral, diagnostic and interventional cardiology procedures; arch, head and neck imaging; and lower extremity vascular interventions
- The charts in this set display:
- Detailed anatomical views of the heart; arteries most commonly accessed by a cardiologist (peripheral, renal, visceral, and carotids); and more
- The most current CPT codes for cardiac cath and peripheral procedures, including expected 2020 code changes for valve repair, pericardiocentesis, and pericardial drainage
- Crosswalks between CPT and Level II codes
- Coding combinations for commonly performed procedures
- At-a-glance interpretation of the rules governing coronary interventions, including angioplasty, stenting, atherectomy, bypass grafts, and combination procedures, as well as initial and additional vessels
- Anatomical diagrams included in this set are:
- Lower and upper extremities
- Pelvic and lower extremity arteries
- Head, neck and chest
- Abdominal/lower extremities
- Right and left heart catheterization
- Coronary arteries
- Bypass grafts
- Pacemaker and ICDs
- And more!
- Heavy laminated stock that stands up to repeated handling (applies to print format only)
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
When will my charts ship? We will begin publishing our 2020 books immediately after the CMS releases the 2020 Final Rule. We anticipate this will be in early November and estimate our books will begin shipping in December.