Meet expectations for coding output AND quality? No problem!
“Boost output AND accuracy” is the expectation of peripheral and cardiology coders nowadays. But can you really do both — especially given the complexities of procedures and the variances in physician documentation? The answer is “yes,” if you have the right people and the right tools…including our Peripheral & Cardiology Coding Charts.
Designed to increase output and accuracy, these color-coded, high-quality anatomical charts provide a shortcut from physician intent to the correct CPT codes and charges for a broad spectrum of cardiology, cardiac cath, and peripheral procedures. Whatever your experience level, you’ll appreciate how the charts help you quickly visualize the procedure-code connection. They also enable faster, more efficient communications with your physicians, when needed.
Is your coding accuracy challenged by inconsistent physician documentation? Could you use a tool to visualize the subtle differences between similar procedures to arrive at the correct bundled code? Whatever the challenge, chances are our Peripheral & Cardiology Coding Charts will make your job easier. Hint: These charts are the ideal complement to our
Peripheral & Cardiology Coder book!
Features and Benefits
- A visual representation of coding covering:
- Peripheral, diagnostic and interventional cardiology procedures; arch, head and neck imaging; and lower extremity vascular interventions
- The charts in this set display:
- Detailed anatomical views of the heart; arteries most commonly accessed by a cardiologist (peripheral, renal, visceral, and carotids); and more
- The most current CPT codes for cardiac cath and peripheral procedures, including expected 2020 code changes for valve repair, pericardiocentesis, and pericardial drainage
- Crosswalks between CPT and Level II codes
- Coding combinations for commonly performed procedures
- At-a-glance interpretation of the rules governing coronary interventions, including angioplasty, stenting, atherectomy, bypass grafts, and combination procedures, as well as initial and additional vessels
- Anatomical diagrams included in this set are:
- Lower and upper extremities
- Pelvic and lower extremity arteries
- Head, neck and chest
- Abdominal/lower extremities
- Right and left heart catheterization
- Coronary arteries
- Bypass grafts
- Pacemaker and ICDs
- And more!
- Heavy laminated stock that stands up to repeated handling (applies to print format only)
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.