One resource covers both lab and pathology
It's never been more important to achieve correct coding and billing for laboratory and pathology services. Fortunately, you can depend on this two-in-one resource for plain-English explanations, instruction and tips, directly from our highly respected laboratory/pathology coding and billing experts. No other publication is more complete or more trusted!
For 2018, the threats to your coding accuracy and revenue integrity are coming from many directions. Our updated edition of Coding Essentials for Laboratories will help you confront them all, whether it's the basics of hematology, microbiology and chemistry lab testing, or the confusion inherent with molecular pathology, preventive lab testing, drug-of-abuse testing and next-generation sequencing (NGS).
Do you struggle with mopath coding rules? Are you up to speed on the latest requirements for screening lab tests? Do you understand the differences in reporting definitive vs. presumptive drug analysis? You need accurate and clear guidance through a multitude of challenges — exactly what you'll get in this proven book.
New for 2018
- Major overhaul for molecular pathology
- Break down of the main chapter into four sections, including; molecular pathology, next generation analysis, MAAA, and PLA.
- Expansion of payment information
- Expanded guidance on preventative services
- Revised descriptions for drug testing
- Tips and guidelines for the new, revised, and deleted CPT® codes throughout
Features and Benefits
- Step-by-step through coding and billing for laboratory and pathology services, including drug testing, therapeutic drug assays, molecular pathology, chemistry, microbiology and preventive services
- Each section includes:
- Explanations of services and the intent of each
- CPT/HCPCS codes and descriptions
- Sample chargemasters
- Coding and billing tips
- Coding flowcharts for at-a-glance guidance with selecting the correct CPT codes
- Medicare payment information, including quick-reference tables with RVU and APC rates
- Special help with common areas of confusion and noncompliance, such as:
- Coding for diagnostic vs. preventive Pap smears
- Billing under a device code or as a lab-developed test
- Code changes and coverage limitations for clinical drug testing
- Coding for molecular pathology
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
The final rules for the 2018 Medicare outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) and the Medicare physician fee schedule (MPFS) dictate the publishing dates for our books. In previous years, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services have issued these final rules in early November of the previous year (November 2017), and the updating process for our books begins.
We estimate that our books will ship to our customers in December, and we will keep you informed of the shipping date. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.