RT services, PFT, sleep studies and more — all covered in one convenient book!
In one resource you'll find complete guidance with coding, charging, billing and documentation for respiratory therapy/pulmonary function services and sleep studies. With the help of our expert authors, you'll consistently capture the full, appropriate payment while avoiding risky practices, such as insufficient documentation, unbundled coding and modifier misuse.
Features and Benefits
Our RT/PFT experts address common questions, concerns and problem areas:
- High-risk practices inherent with polysomnography and other sleep studies, such as insufficient prior authorization and incorrect coding for home sleep study tests
- Billing issues with breathing treatments — a prime RAC target — and billing sequence or date of service
- Unbundling of codes and groups of CPT/HCPCS codes that are inappropriately reported together
- Incorrectly billing for routine monitoring, oxygen and services not specifically ordered by a physician
- Medicare medical necessity coverage policies and frequency limitations
- Lack of documentation to support medical necessity
Clear, step-by-step guidance through the tasks you perform every day:
- Coding, documentation and billing for a full range of respiratory therapy services and pulmonary function testing, plus polysomnography and other sleep studies, home sleep testing and penile studies
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
A proven approach to effective learning and quick reference for busy professionals:
- Easy to navigate; each section contains:
- Descriptions and intended uses of services provided
- Listings of the corresponding CPT/HCPCS and revenue codes, along with explanations of intended code usage
- Modifier usage, where appropriate
- Documentation and medical necessity requirements
- Billing tips
- Clinical examples
- Complete payment information, including:
- Current hospital OPPS rates
- Procedures with APCs, status indicators and at-a-glance tables showing CPT/HCPCS codes included in APCs, plus prior year and current payment rates
- National and local coverage determinations (LCDs/NCDs)
- Advance beneficiary notices (ABNs)
- National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) edits
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
When will my book ship? We will begin publishing our 2020 books immediately after the CMS releases the 2020 Final Rule. We anticipate this will be in early November, and estimate our books will begin shipping in December.