Much more than a coding resource…a guide to the full, compliant payment
Is your documentation missing critical start and stop times for infusions? Are there medical necessity issues with your hydration therapy services? Which coding and billing missteps for drug administration are auditors targeting? These are just a few of the many scenarios that threaten infusion and injection service compliance and revenues nationwide, year after year.
When you’re equipped with the right resource, these high-risk situations are also highly avoidable. As its name implies, our
Coding Essentials for Infusion & Injection Therapy Services provides clear-cut guidance through coding for a full range of infusion and injection services in all settings. But it also tackles the recurring issues and challenges that put your payments and compliance at risk, from missing crucial elements in documentation, to confusion surrounding current payer trends.
You get clear explanations, quick tips, answers to FAQs, case examples and other tools to help ensure that you capture — and keep — full, compliant payment for these high-volume services.
Features and Benefits
Our experts address common questions, concerns, and problem areas:
- Documentation related to time, route, site and flushes for timed codes
- "White bagging" and "brown bagging" drug supplies, including documentation and modifier requirements
- The impact of smart pumps and other technologies on documentation
- Comprehensive APC (c-APC), for observation care
- Coding and billing in alignment with the Medicare move to site-neutral payments
Updated and expanded content, including:
- Coverage of all changes pertaining to infusion injection therapy services, including updated payment rates, status indicators, and APCs
- Guidance to ensure proper implementation and coordination between departments when mid-year changes are released
- Tactics for preventing high-risk practices and auditor takebacks
- Detailed instruction through coding hierarchies
- Expanded guidance with payer issues and challenges related to drug administration and other infusion services
- Answers to frequently asked questions for coding infusion and injection services
Clear, step-by-step guidance through the tasks you perform every day:
- Coding and documentation for infusion and injection services in all care settings
- Covers a broad range of infusion/injection services, including hydration therapy, drug administration, injections and chemotherapy services, as well as blood collection, transfusions, and other procedures; also includes a section on coding for drugs and biologicals
A proven quick-reference approach for busy professionals:
- Easy-to-understand overviews of coding systems, including ICD-10, modifiers, evaluation and management (E&M) services, medical necessity, local/national coverage determinations, audit targets, and other critical topics
- Sections on specific services include:
- Descriptions of services with their corresponding current codes (CPT®, HCPCS, revenue center) and descriptions
- Explanations of intended code use
- Documentation requirements
- Tables displaying time increments for reporting services, where applicable
- Examples of drugs involved
- Billing tips
- Case studies, frequently asked questions that demonstrate both common and complex challenges faced by professionals across the country, and examples, to reinforce best practices and provide a concrete breakdown of problem areas
- Chapter with payment tables for physicians and hospitals
Expedite Your Experience
Convenience is a click away: 2021 eBooks at only $20 with your print purchase.
- Enjoy increased flexibility with access to your resource electronically.
- Search for relevant information to fast track your answers.
- No need to look for your books, keep your resources stored in one easy place.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
*Subscribers to the
Interventional Radiology, Radiology, or Comprehensive All-Access Pass, and/or MedLearn Media Resource Center receive 30% off the print version of the books included with their membership. This 30% does not include AMA fees or shipping and handling fees. For questions please email us at email@example.com.
When will my book ship? We will begin publishing our 2021 books immediately after the CMS releases the 2021 Final Rule. We anticipate this will be in early November, and estimate our books will begin shipping in December.