Optimized for medical necessity and reimbursement understanding, this all-in-one resource focuses on the most important CPT® and ICD-10-CM codes for urology and nephrology, plus medicine and ancillary services codes chosen by experts who have taken into consideration utilization, denial risk and complexity.
CPT® Coding Essentials optimizes both CPT® and ICD-10 code selection with helpful CPT®-to-ICD crosswalks and detailed explanations of anatomy, physiology, and documentation. Other than the AMA CPT® Professional Edition codebook, this is the only book in the market with verbatim CPT® Editorial Panel–approved and parenthetical information specific to urology and nephrology.
This is the ideal daily companion featuring useful, definitive specialty-specific coding information beyond what is normally provided in procedures/services codebooks.
Urology and nephrology coding and billing knowledge available in a single volume, conveniently superseding the need for multiple resources or years of experience.
Features and Benefits
- Official AMA coding guidelines pertinent to the specialty and not available in any other specialty codebooks in the market
- Official code-specific CPT® parenthetical instructions
- Plain English descriptors clarify the details of procedures and/or services represented by the CPT® code
- CPT® Assistant citations
- Procedural illustrations
- Crosswalks from CPT® to ICD-10-CM
- National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) edits to identify bundled and separately billable codes
- CMS Pub 100 billing guidance citations
- Facility and non-facility RVUs, including global surgery days, practice and malpractice expenses, as well as those modifiers that can affect payments for CPT codes
- Additional chapters on terminology and anatomy, HCPCS Level II codes, CPT® modifiers and ICD-10-CM coding and documentation practices
- Appendixes offering correct coding principles, NCCI Edits Table, clinical documentation checklists for common diagnoses/conditions using ICD-10-CM categories/codes and evaluation and management (E/M) documentation guidelines
- Call outs regarding additional information available in the CPT® QuickRef app (requires in-app purchases)
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.