Think of it as your one-stop resource for safeguarding crucial CT and MR revenues
Your facility generates substantial revenue from high-volume CT and MR procedures. But could your department be doing better? Miscoding and non-compliant billing continue to be rampant across the country, according to our radiology experts. Certain areas, such as combination studies (e.g., CTA with CT, MRA with MRI) and the documentation required for CTA studies, are especially problematic.
CT/MR Coder book is specifically focused on empowering you to capture every dollar of revenue that’s rightfully yours — regardless of the complexity involved. Using easy-to-understand language, we define and dissect every CPT® code: what it is, what it isn’t, exactly how it should be used, and the documentation needed to support its assignment. Augmenting these explanations are actionable tips, case examples, at-a-glance tables and other timesaving tools to give you the answers you’re seeking.
Valuable FREE perks with this book!
Ordering this publication automatically enrolls you in the MedLearn Media Insiders program — at no additional charge. Throughout the year, you'll receive free Insider perks that complement and add value to your book.
Features and Benefits
Our experts address common questions, concerns, and problem areas:
- In-depth guidance with commonly miscoded procedures and areas of confusion, including 3D post-processing (reconstructed spines), CT guidance, CT vs. CTA, CTA of the abdominal aorta, MRA and whole-body scans
- Guidance with codes for breast MRI, MR elastography and fine-needle aspiration biopsy
- Answers to frequently asked questions, such as "How should we code a limited or localized follow-up CT study?"
- Confusion surrounding the use (and overuse) of codes CPT codes 76376/76377 for 3D rendering
Updated and expanded content, including:
- The latest new, deleted and revised codes for CT/MR services
- Instruction for new parenthetical guideline revisions
- Information on the AUC/CDSM program
- Updated tips, guidance and FAQs derived from common problem areas, such as CT/CTA, breast MRI, FNA and code unbundling
Clear, step-by-step guidance through the tasks you perform every day:
- Coding for a full range of CT and MR procedures, including CTA, CTC, MRI, MRA, MRS, and MRV
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
- Help with accurately interpreting physician documentation
A proven quick-reference approach for busy professionals:
- Codes are grouped by body system (e.g., head and neck) and then by code sequence
- Each section includes:
- Procedure definitions with corresponding CPT/HCPCS codes
- Coding guidelines and billing tips
- Payment tables with codes, MPFS status, RVUs, OPPS APC information, and payment rates
- Numerous case examples to help you make the connection between procedures and correct code assignments