Think of it as your one-stop resource for safeguarding crucial CT and MR revenues
Your facility generates substantial revenue from high-volume CT and MR procedures. But could your department be doing better? Miscoding and non-compliant billing continue to be rampant across the country, according to our radiology experts. Certain areas, such as combination studies (e.g., CTA with CT, MRA with MRI) and the documentation required for CTA studies, are especially problematic.
Our CT/MR Coder book is specifically focused on empowering you to capture every dollar of revenue that’s rightfully yours — regardless of the complexity involved. Using easy-to-understand language, we define and dissect every CPT® code: what it is, what it isn’t, exactly how it should be used, and the documentation needed to support its assignment. Augmenting these explanations are actionable tips, case examples, at-a-glance tables and other timesaving tools to give you the answers you’re seeking.
Features and Benefits
Our experts address common questions, concerns, and problem areas:
- In-depth guidance with commonly miscoded procedures and areas of confusion, including 3D post-processing (reconstructed spines), CT guidance, CT vs. CTA, CTA of the abdominal aorta, MRA and whole-body scans
- Guidance with codes for breast MRI, MR elastography and fine-needle aspiration biopsy
- Answers to frequently asked questions, such as "How should we code a limited or localized follow-up CT study?"
- Confusion surrounding the use (and overuse) of codes CPT codes 76376/76377 for 3D rendering
Updated and expanded content, including:
- The latest new, deleted and revised codes for CT/MR services
- Instruction for new parenthetical guideline revisions
- Information on the AUC/CDSM program
- Updated tips, guidance and FAQs derived from common problem areas, such as CT/CTA, breast MRI, FNA and code unbundling
Clear, step-by-step guidance through the tasks you perform every day:
- Coding for a full range of CT and MR procedures, including CTA, CTC, MRI, MRA, MRS, and MRV
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
- Help with accurately interpreting physician documentation
A proven quick-reference approach for busy professionals:
- Codes are grouped by body system (e.g., head and neck) and then by code sequence
- Each section includes:
- Procedure definitions with corresponding CPT/HCPCS codes
- Coding guidelines and billing tips
- Payment tables with codes, MPFS status, RVUs, OPPS APC information, and payment rates
- Numerous case examples to help you make the connection between procedures and correct code assignments
Expedite Your Experience
Convenience is a click away: 2021 eBooks at only $20 with your print purchase.
- Enjoy increased flexibility with access to your resource electronically.
- Search for relevant information to fast track your answers.
- No need to look for your books, keep your resources stored in one easy place.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
*Subscribers to the
Interventional Radiology, Radiology, or Comprehensive All-Access Pass, and/or MedLearn Media Resource Center receive 30% off the print version of the books included with their membership. This 30% does not include AMA fees or shipping and handling fees. For questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will my book ship? We will begin publishing our 2021 books immediately after the CMS releases the 2021 Final Rule. We anticipate this will be in early November, and estimate our books will begin shipping in December.