Keep your coding in sync with advancing technology
Just one mistake, whether it's the incorrect use of infusion therapy codes with CT and MR procedures or missing physician documentation, can put your payments and compliance at risk. Count on this proven how-to book to help you achieve correct coding, billing and documentation, no matter how complex the technology or procedure.
In recent years, CT and MR services have expanded significantly. No problem — the 2018 edition of CT/MR Coder provides clear-cut guidance through CTA, CTC, MRI, MRA, MRS and MRV coding. Plus, it walks you through numerous challenging areas for coders and billing departments, such as 3D rendering with or without 3D post-processing, cardiac and chest CT exams, reconstructed spine imaging, CTA of the abdominal aorta and multiple CT exams.
By following the instruction and tips in this trusted handbook, you'll also resolve questions and confusion that commonly arise with CT/MR services. For example, do you know how to correctly code for contrast materials and hydration therapy? How do you properly bill concurrent MRA and MRI procedures? Find the answers you need right here...and avoid costly errors!
New for 2018
- Updated with new tips, guidance and payment information
- Expanded guidance for:
- 3D post processing
- CT guidance procedures
- MRI breast CAD
- Case examples to address common areas of confusion and noncompliance
- Updated information on contrast materials, pass-through status and the JW modifier
Features and Benefits
- Step-by-step through coding for a full range of CT and MR procedures, including CTA, CTC, MRI, MRA, MRS and MRV
- Easy to navigate — codes are grouped by body system (e.g., head and neck) and then by code sequence
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
- Each section includes:
- Summary of pertinent CPT®, HCPCS Level II and revenue codes
- Payment table with RVUs
- Listing of each CPT code with a description of the corresponding procedure
- Coding and billing tips
- Special help with common areas of confusion and noncompliance, such as:
- How to use infusion therapy codes in conjunction with CT/MR services
- Billing of concurrent MRA and MRI procedures
- Coding for contrast materials and hydration therapy
- Physician documentation to support medical necessity
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
The final rules for the 2018 Medicare outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) and the Medicare physician fee schedule (MPFS) dictate the publishing dates for our books. In previous years, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services have issued these final rules in early November of the previous year (November 2017), and the updating process for our books begins.
We estimate that our books will ship to our customers in December, and we will keep you informed of the shipping date.
If you have any questions, please contact