Walk through coding for nonvascular catheter-based drainage IR procedures
Providing instruction in coding for nonvascular catheter-based drainage procedures, this webcast will provide guidance for thoracentesis, paracentesis, fluid-collections, indwelling catheters, needle-based procedures, and sclerosing. With in-depth descriptions of the procedures themselves, the corresponding code choices and how those code choices may change based on how the procedure was performed, reinforced with examples, case studies and anatomic diagrams, you will walk away confident when coding for catheter-based drainage procedures.
The agenda, covered by our presenter, Cathy Huyghe includes:
- Discussion of a wide range of catheter-based drainage procedures, including:
- Thoracentesis, paracentesis, fluid-collections, indwelling catheters, needle-based procedures and sclerosing
- Guidance: is it bundled or inclusive? Are you allowed to bill separately?
- Examples of different types of catheters/drainage devices and their use
- Definitions of the anatomical areas affected by these codes and overviews of the procedures along with corresponding code choices
- Case examples and scenarios with an emphasis on the do’s and don’ts when coding for catheter-based drainage procedures with key phrases to look for in documentation
- Answers to frequently asked questions and, time permitting, answers to attendee questions
Click here for information about other sessions in this 11-part webcast series.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.