Guidance on Nonvascular Catheter-Based Drainage Procedures
Providing instruction in coding for nonvascular catheter-based drainage procedures, this webcast will provide guidance for thoracentesis, paracentesis, fluid-collections, indwelling catheters, needle-based procedures, and guidance on more nonvascular catheter-based drainage procedures.
The agenda, covered by our presenter, Jeff Majchrzak includes:
- Fluid Collection Drainage Catheter
- Types of Fluid Collection
- Why catheters are placed
- Types of catheters
- Catheters/Drainages Devices
- Image-Guided Fluid Collection
- Needle vs. Catheter vs. Catheter Used, But Not Left In
- Intraperitoneal Catheter Procedures
- Paracentesis & Peritoneal Lavage
- Digestive System
- Case Examples
Note: Before participating in this session, we recommend that you attend our Basics of Interventional Radiology Coding webcast, which covers general IR coding essentials.
Click here for information about other sessions in this 11-part webcast series.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.