Address top challenges and bring clarity to complex services
Are you confident coding for diagnostic EP and ablation procedures? Are you capturing all legitimate charges for these services? These are some of the most commonly questioned procedures when it comes to coding, and it's no wonder. The guidelines are very specific, and documentation is critical to ensure correct coding – unfortunately the documentation is highly complex and often lacking essential pieces. With a detailed review of anatomy and case examples, this session brings the procedures to life to ensure you walk away with not only an understanding of the codes, but also how to apply them based on the documentation.
Based on common questions, and common mistakes, join Cathy Huyghe as she walks through diagnostic EP and ablation procedures from start to finish. Beginning with a detailed review of anatomy and different procedures and techniques, Cathy will then apply this knowledge to coding guidelines and documentation requirements – addressing the top challenges when coding these services. What are the keys to proper code selection for EP and ablation procedures? What in the documentation leads you to one code vs. another? Are you confident with the guidelines for EP, ablation and add-on codes? You will be after this.
- A clear understanding of CPT® coding guidelines for electrophysiology and ablation procedures
- Increased knowledge of anatomy as it relates to EP studies
- Understand ablation procedures and various techniques – and how they relate to code assignment
- Discussion of key documentation requirements plus common documentation issues and tips to overcome those challenges
- Real-life case examples illustrating practical application of codes, guidelines and coding dos and don'ts
- Understand the common challenges with coding for these services and best practices to minimize these challenges moving forward
- Time permitting, answers to attendee questions!
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.