Don't be blindsided by emerging trends!
New electrophysiology (EP) and cardiac rhythm management (CRM) technologies offer tremendous benefits for patients and yield high reimbursements for providers. But these innovations also present significant challenges that contribute to notoriously low coding accuracy rates, putting revenues and regulatory compliance at risk.
Are you able to correctly interpret physician documentation for leading-edge EP/CRM procedures? Do you have trouble keeping up with the latest codes and payer guidelines? In this new MedLearn Publishing webcast, prominent coding, billing and compliance expert Jill Knight, RHIA, CCS, CIRCC, will walk you through the ins and outs of current EP/CRM trends and those of the coming year.
What's on the agenda:
- A review of new EP/CRM technologies and procedures, including wireless cardiac stimulation systems and wireless pulmonary pressure monitors, as well as new HCPCS/CPT® and ICD-10-PCS codes for 2019
- Overcoming the top challenges to accurate coding presented by physician documentation for EP studies, ablation, device implantation and more
- Guidance with the CMS decision memo for implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), Medicare pacemaker NCD and payer policy issues that can lead to delayed or denied payments and potentially expose you to RAC takebacks
- Solutions to common coding pitfalls for diagnostic EP and ablation procedures
- Case studies that illuminate the pathway from physician documentation to correct code assignments
- Time permitting, answers to attendee questions
Who should attend:
EP lab clinical staff, cardiology/EP charge staff, HIM coders, physician practice cardiology/EP coders and chargemaster staff.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.