In-depth discussion of coding for imaging and interventional procedures in the head and neck
Providing instruction in coding for angiography and interventions performed in the head and neck, this webcast will provide much-needed clarification and examples on angioplasty, thrombectomy, thrombolytic infusion therapy and intravascular stenting for both arterial and venous procedures. With in-depth descriptions of the procedures themselves, the corresponding code choices and how those code choices can change based on how the procedure was performed, reinforced with examples, case studies and anatomic diagrams, you will walk away confident when coding for head and neck procedures.
The agenda, covered by our presenter, Jeff Majchrzak includes:
- Angiography of the head and neck
- Cervicocerebral, arch, carotid and vertebral imaging, additional selective 2nd and 3rd order vessels after the initial study/exam
- Overview of CPT codes and how they relate to procedures, anatomy and key phrases to look for in documentation
- Head and neck interventional procedures
- Arterial and venous with review of anatomy, procedures and corresponding code choices for:
- Angioplasty, stenting, embolization, thrombolytic therapy, thrombectomy, atherectomy
- Imaging guidance – when it can and cannot be separately reported
- Case examples and scenarios with an emphasis on the do’s and don’ts when coding for head and neck procedures with key phrases to look for in documentation
- Answers to frequently asked questions and, time permitting, answers to attendee questions
Click here for information about other sessions in this 11-part webcast series.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.