Because one missed code has a big impact.
30% of IR cases are coded inaccurately nationwide. Why take any chances with your interventional radiology coding? Ensure full payment and total compliance with the help of America’s #1 IR coding resource. Exceptionally easy to navigate, this compact handbook will save you valuable time and streamline coding for a full-range of angiographic exams and interventional radiology procedures.
Fully updated, our Interventional Radiology Coder is an easy-to-use reference allowing you to quickly verify code selections for common procedures and guiding you through the many gray areas from recent years such as; dialysis graft/fistula, lower extremities, genitourinary, GI/biliary, AAA grafts/repair, imaging guidance (IVUS, fluoroscopy), and more. Our consultants take the common issues they see in audits across the country and translate them to easy-to-follow tips, clearing up the confusion around complex and not-so-common scenarios so you can be confident in your coding.
In addition to the recent industry changes, procedures such as diagnostic angiography, intracranial angiography, angioplasty, stenting, atherectomy, embolization, EVAR, FEVAR, TEVAR, dialysis graft/fistula, lower extremity revascularization and hundreds of other IR procedures — are all covered here!
Features and Benefits
- Updated with NEW information, including new and revised codes, code descriptions, coding guidelines and payments for:
- Endovascular repair of abdominal aorta and/or iliac arteries (EVAR)
- Venous sclerosing
- Endovenous ablation of incompetent veins
- Bone marrow diagnostic procedures
- Cryoablation treatment
- Brachial retrograde artery introduction
- Knee arthrography injection
- IVUS parenthetical note revisions
- And more!
- Step-by-step through coding for IR procedures, comprehensive including both diagnostic exams and therapeutic interventions
- Easy to navigate — Covers both vascular and non-vascular procedures; content is organized by body system (e.g., head and neck) with quick-reference coding tips and payment tables
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
- Each section includes:
- Payment tables (RVUs and APCs) by CPT/HCPCS code
- Menus that walk you from the procedure descriptions, listed alphabetically, to the current radiological and surgical codes
- Coding tips for each coding example listed
- Anatomical illustrations showing common procedures and the corresponding CPT® codes
- Special help with common areas of confusion and noncompliance, such as:
- The proper application of bundled codes with expanded tips and guidance for genitourinary, biliary, dialysis circuit and extremity procedures
- Correct IR coding hierarchies for multiple diagnostic studies
- Angiographic and interventional procedures performed together
- Medically unlikely edits (MUEs) and NCCI policy
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
The final rules for the 2018 Medicare outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) and the Medicare physician fee schedule (MPFS) dictate the publishing dates for our books. In previous years, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services have issued these final rules in early November of the previous year (November 2017), and the updating process for our books begins.