The fastest, easiest access to the right IR codes, every time
Interventional radiology coding has changed dramatically over the years. But one thing that hasn’t changed is the popularity of our trusted
Interventional Radiology Coder book. In fact, it remains our number-one selling resource. Why? Quite simply, its unique “menus” provide the fastest, easiest access to the correct CPT/HCPCS codes for hundreds of common and not-so-common IR procedures — critically important in an era where IR coding accuracy rates continue to hover around 70%.
Of course, we update each year’s edition of
Interventional Radiology Coder with the latest codes and coding guidelines. You also get clear-cut guidance through those tricky gray areas, including bundled, hybrid-bundled and component coding. Tools such as quick coding tips, FAQs in each chapter and anatomical illustrations provide additional clarity and further accelerate your code selection and validation process.
Valuable FREE perks with this book!
Ordering this publication automatically enrolls you in the MedLearn Media Insiders program — at no additional charge. Throughout the year, you'll receive free Insider perks that complement and add value to your book.
Features and Benefits
Updated and expanded content, including:
- New, deleted and revised codes for reporting IR procedures
- Guidance with parenthetical note revisions
- Updated billing tips and expanded guidance with common problem areas
- FAQ sections at the end of each chapter, delivering additional insights into difficult areas
Our experts address common questions, concerns, and problem areas:
- Confusion and questions about coding for:
- Biliary procedures — imaging, drainage catheters, stent placement/exchange, biopsy
- Genitourinary procedures — imaging, stent placement/exchange, biopsy
- Dialysis circuit — AV graft/fistula
- Endovascular aortic aneurysm repair
- Cryoablation treatment for pulmonary tumors
- Diagnostic bone marrow procedures
- Coding for pain management and venous sclerosing/ablation procedures — significant sources of revenue for many IR providers
- Proper application of bundled, hybrid-bundled and component codes
Clear, step-by-step guidance through the tasks you perform every day:
- Coding for hundreds of vascular and nonvascular IR procedures, encompassing both diagnostic exams and therapeutic interventions, including: diagnostic angiography, intracranial angiography, angioplasty, stenting, atherectomy, embolization, EVAR, FEVAR, TEVAR, dialysis graft/fistula, and lower extremity revascularization
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
A proven quick-reference approach for busy professionals:
- Content is organized by body system (e.g., head and neck)
- Each section includes:
- Menus that walk you from the procedure descriptions, listed alphabetically, to the current radiological and surgical codes
- Payment tables (RVUs and APCs) by CPT/HCPCS code
- Coding tips for each coding example listed
- Anatomical illustrations showing common procedures and the corresponding CPT codes that fast track understanding