Still struggling with documentation, coding and billing for molecular pathology, drug-of-abuse testing and other services under the clinical laboratory/pathology umbrella? Unfortunately, 2018 promises to ratchet up your challenges, while ushering in CPT® code changes, possibly new payment bundles and, as usual, updated CMS/AMA guidelines. By attending this much-anticipated webcast, you'll gain the actionable knowledge you need to take control of your lab/pathology coding, documentation and billing in 2018.
What's on the agenda:
- Explanations of 2018 CPT code changes specific to clinical laboratory and pathology services, especially molecular pathology and genetic sequencing procedures
- Updated AMA and CMS guidelines pertaining to documentation, coding and billing for lab/pathology services
- How proposed CMS changes to date-of-service rules for certain gene-based procedures will affect your cost of business and revenue stream
- Minimizing the documentation and coding risks associated with drug-of-abuse testing and the corrective action you need to take when errors are detected
- How billing office workflow and claim edit resolution may actually be reducing your reimbursement for lab services
- Determining the accuracy of medical necessity edits driving the ABN process for your location
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.