Walk through coding for lower extremity angiography and interventions
Providing instruction in coding for lower extremity angiography and interventions, this webcast will provide much-needed clarification and examples on angioplasty, atherectomy, lithotripsy, infusion therapy, and intravascular stenting for both arterial and venous procedures. With in-depth descriptions of the procedures themselves, the corresponding code choices, and how those code choices change based on how the procedure was performed, reinforced with examples, case studies, and anatomic diagrams, walk away confident when coding for lower extremity procedures.
The agenda, covered by our presenter, Cathy Huyghe includes:
- Lower extremity angiography
- Lower extremity vessels, additional selective vessels after the initial study/exam, selective and non-selective pelvic vessels, abdominal aorta, etc.
- Overview of CPT codes and how they relate to procedures, anatomy, and key phrases to look for in documentation
- Lower extremity interventional procedures
- Arterial and venous with review of anatomy, procedures, and corresponding code choices for:
- Angioplasty, stenting, embolization, thrombolytic therapy, thrombectomy, atherectomy
- Lower extremity revascularization
- Imaging guidance – when it can and cannot be separately reported
- Case examples and scenarios with key phrases to look for in documentation
- Answers to frequently asked questions and, time permitting, answers to attendee questions
Click here for information about other sessions in this 11-part webcast series.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.