Conflicting guidelines and chronic areas of confusion continue to increase the risks when coding and billing for mammography and other breast imaging services. This is especially problematic given the high volume of these procedures — one small mistake or omission, when repeated, can add up to significant issues.
With so many variables, it's critical that all staff possess a clear understanding of the process in its entirety – from order to exam through coding and billing. You can count on this webcast, presented by preeminent radiology coding expert Donna Richmond, BA, RCC, CIRCC, CPC, to leave you with a solid foundation of best practices, guidance through unclear guidelines, and actionable tips to avoid common mistakes.
- A review of current CPT® and HCPCS codes specific to mammography, digital breast tomosynthesis, ultrasound, MRI and other breast imaging techniques including elastography
- Discussion of differences between CPT and CMS coding guidelines
- Review of appropriate diagnosis codes for breast imaging
- Tips and discussion on choosing the right codes for percutaneous biopsy, localization, post-procedure mammograms and specimen imaging
- Answers to frequently asked questions, such as:
- Coding for breast MRI
- The proper application of elastography codes
- Charging for post-biopsy placement of localization devices
- When patients can and cannot be billed
- Clarification of Medicare requirements for diagnosis coding and documentation requirements
- Discussion of new, and continually changing, dense breast notification requirements
- Time permitting, answers to attendee questions
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.