Get fully paid for your respiratory therapy services.
Receive the most up-to-date Medicare payment information for respiratory therapy and cardiopulmonary services, including EKG’s, stress tests, sleep studies and more, with our indispensable book that clearly and concisely presents everything you need to ensure full payment and regulatory compliance in one convenient reference guide.
Features and Benefits
- Updated and NEW information for:
- Pulmonary stress test code changes
- Payment changes with the most current conversion factors
- Revisions and deletions of routine APCs
- Continued clarification on “conditional packaging”
- Updated status indicators
- Expanded guidance on physician supervisor for a variety of services in an array of settings such as hospitals, CAH and provider-bases departments
- Easy to navigate — with:
- Mapping typical procedures to APCS and their current reimbursement, with tables showing changes from the prior year to the current year
- Mapping typical procedures with their ambulatory payment classifications (APCs), status indicators and current base payment amounts
- Tables with a cross walk showing the prior year payment rate to the current rate
- Key to status indicators at the bottom of every other page, guiding you through Medicare payment policies
- The perfect companion to our 2018 Coding Essentials for RT/Pulmonary Function book, as this resource will provide the payment information for all services performed in your RT/Pulmonary Function, Cardiopulmonary and Sleep department
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
The final rules for the 2018 Medicare outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) and the Medicare physician fee schedule (MPFS) dictate the publishing dates for our books. In previous years, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services have issued these final rules in early November of the previous year (November 2017), and the updating process for our books begins.