Direct-from-the-expert solutions to your coding, documentation, and billing issues
Based on interactions with hospitals and physician practices nationwide, our nuclear medicine and PET experts have identified many areas of confusion, uncertainty and noncompliance. The latest edition of Nuclear Medicine & PET Coder responds to these real-world coding, documentation and billing issues with workable solutions, distilled into clear-cut instruction, tips and new case examples.
Features and Benefits
Our experts address common questions, concerns and problem areas:
- Documentation requirements for coding a "whole-body" exam vs. a "limited" exam
- Preventing the under-reporting of radiopharmaceutical units
- Recurring issues with coding, such as code unbundling and omitting CPT® codes for certain procedures
- In-depth help with modifier 51, Y90 imaging as part of radioembolization procedures, shunt imaging and cardiac PET services with radiopharmaceutical coverage
Updated annually to address new and problematic areas including:
- Step by step guidance through any new, deleted and revised codes for reporting nuclear medicine and PET services
- Anticipated code changes for 2020 look to be impactful for nuclear medicine, including new codes for myocardial PET and SPECT/CT
- Detailed PET imaging guidance, including correct code combinations and nationally non-covered services
- Details on PET/CT, including what's billable and which diagnosis codes are covered
- Updated payment information
- Case studies included throughout, bringing clarity to commonly performed procedures, as well as those that generate frequent questions
Clear, step-by-step guidance through the tasks you perform every day:
- Coding and documentation for a full range of nuclear medicine and PET procedures, including SPECT, PET, PET/CT, planar imaging, integrated imaging and therapeutic treatments
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
A proven quick reference approach for busy professionals:
- Codes are grouped by body system (e.g., endocrine, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular and more) and then by code sequence
- Each section includes:
- Table of drugs and radiopharmaceuticals typically used for nuclear medicine procedures, along with the pertinent HCPCS and revenue codes
- Definition of each procedure with its corresponding CPT code
- Coding and billing tips for each code
- Payment tables based on the current Medicare physician fee schedule (MPFS) and the hospital outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS)
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
When will my book ship? We will begin publishing our 2020 books immediately after the CMS releases the 2020 Final Rule. We anticipate this will be in early November, and estimate our books will begin shipping in December.