Avoid difficult and confusing nuclear medicine & pet charging in 2017.
With this easy-to-use resource based on AMA, ACR and SNMMI guidance, you'll be able to code and bill those complex nuclear medicine procedures correctly and efficiently with one book. Avoid costly mistakes, maintain rock-solid compliance, and capture full reimbursement.
What's in this coding guide?
- Overview of Nuclear Medicine Procedures
- Diagnostic Studies
- Integrated Imaging Systems
- Therapeutic Treatments
- Coding, Payment and Policy Guidelines
- Coding Basics
- Billing for Studies
- Modifiers to Use
- 2017 HCPCS Level I (AMA CPT®) Nuclear Medicine Services and Level II Codes for Radiopharmaceuticals and Drugs
- Medicare Policy Changes for 2017
- Recovery Audit Program
- Medicaid Integrity Program
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments
- Ordering Diagnostic Tests
- Diagnosis Coding
- The ICD-10 Coding System
- Endocrine System
- Hematopoietic, Reticuloendothelial and Lymphatic System
- Gastrointestinal System
- Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Cardiovascular System Including Myocardial PET
- Respiratory System
- Central Nervous System Including Neurological PET
- Genitourinary System
- Other Procedures (Abscess, Tumor, etc.)
- PET Diagnostic Imaging, Including Oncology PET
- Appendix 1: Drugs, Radiopharmaceuticals, and Common Isotopes
- Appendix 2: Medicare PFS Payment Status Codes
- Appendix 3: Hospital OPPS Payment Status Indicators
- Appendix 4: Hospital Revenue Codes
- Appendix 5: Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) Summary Table: Procedures & Administrations
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.