The expert guidance you need to be confident in your nuclear medicine coding and billing
A year after major changes to the way planar, SPECT, SPECT/CT and myocardial PET scans are coded were implemented, there are still lingering areas of uncertainty regarding the proper use of these codes. Of course, confusing NCCI edits to begin the year didn’t help with a smooth transition. This annual review of Nuclear Medicine coding, compliance and reimbursement aims clear up some of those lingering questions while bringing you up to speed on what’s coming in the new year.
During this session, Jeff Majchrzak will address some of the biggest ongoing challenges in nuclear medicine/PET coding and billing. With the anticipated full implementation of the Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) program plus uncertainty about reimbursements for cardiac PET, this is a session you can’t afford to miss to ensure complete and compliant coding and billing for nuclear medicine services.
- Explanations of any CPT® code changes specific to nuclear medicine services, including radiopharmaceuticals
- Special help with areas of confusion caused by the 2020 changes to planar, SPECT, SPECT/CT and myocardial PET codes
- What you need to know, and how you need to prepare, for the full implementation of the Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) program
- How to find and understand NCCI and other edits relevant to nuclear medicine – plus discussion of the edits that caused confusion in 2020
- An understanding of national and local coverage determinations applicable to nuclear medicine
- Help with areas of difficulty or confusion, such as NCCI edits for radiopharmaceuticals and the documentation required for limited and complete codes
- Case examples, using dictated reports, to illustrate common coding scenarios, reinforce key concepts and breakdown problem areas
- Time permitting, answers to attendee questions
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.