There are significant changes on the horizon for nuclear medicine. According to some, these may prove to be the most critical coding changes you’ve seen in almost a decade. How will these changes impact your facility and what does your team need to know to move forward with these changes? Learn from one of the nation’s most respected nuclear medicine coding experts, Donna Richmond, who will guide you through these 2020 key changes. Donna will walk through each coding change and will not only give you what the change is but also break down why the change occurred while providing actionable tips on how to apply that change to your workflow.
- Explanations of the 2020 CPT® code changes specific to nuclear medicine, including Cardiac PET and PET/CT, radiopharmaceuticals, plus a general review of nuclear medicine coding
- Familiarize yourself what nuclear medicine providers need to know and be prepared for with Appropriate Use Criteria and Clinical Decision Making
- Finding and understanding edits — National Correct Coding Initiative and others — relevant to nuclear medicine
- Discussion of national and local coverage determinations applicable to nuclear medicine exams
- Help with areas of difficulty or confusion, such as CCI edits for radiopharmaceuticals and the documentation required for limited and complete codes
- Case examples, using dictated reports, to illustrate common coding scenarios and reinforce key concepts
- Time permitting, answers to attendee questions
Note: Pending agenda updates when the CMS releases the 2020 Final Rule in November.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.