The expert guidance you need to be confident in your nuclear medicine coding and billing
Is another year of impactful changes to nuclear medicine services on the horizon? In recent years, it was major changes to the way planar, SPECT, SPECT/CT and myocardial PET scans are coded, and there are still questions regarding the proper use of these codes. Of course, NCCI edits can always be a source of confusion on their own. This annual review of Nuclear Medicine coding, compliance and reimbursement aims clear up some of those lingering questions while bringing you up to speed on what’s coming in the new year.
As she does every year, Donna Richmond will address some of the biggest ongoing challenges in nuclear medicine/PET coding and billing. With uncertainty about reimbursements for cardiac PET and other nuclear procedures, this is a session you can’t afford to miss to ensure complete and compliant coding and billing for nuclear medicine services. With the pandemic easing and service volumes rebounding, now more than ever it is important to have the latest and correct coding and compliance information available.
- Explanations of any CPT® code changes, and payment changes, specific to nuclear medicine services, including radiopharmaceuticals
- Special help with areas of confusion caused by the 2020 changes to planar, SPECT, SPECT/CT and myocardial PET codes
- What you need to know, and how you need to continue to prepare, even though the full implementation of the Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) program has been delayed
- How to find and understand NCCI and other edits relevant to nuclear medicine
- An understanding of national and local coverage determinations applicable to nuclear medicine
- Help with areas of difficulty or confusion, such as NCCI edits for radiopharmaceuticals and the documentation required for limited and complete codes
- Case examples, using dictated reports, to illustrate common coding scenarios, reinforce key concepts and breakdown problem areas
- Time permitting, answers to attendee questions
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.