The expert guidance you need to be confident in your nuclear medicine coding and billing
Recent changes to coding for planar, SPECT, SPECT/CT and myocardial PET scans continue to cause confusion in Nuclear Medicine. How do you properly use these codes? Confusion also persists about ever-changing National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) edits. Compounding the challenges and adding to the uncertainty are new radiopharmaceuticals, expected changes to national coverage determinations for PET and potential deep cuts to reimbursement rates. Now, more than ever, this annual webcast will deliver indispensable guidance and insights for the new year.
As she does every year, Donna Richmond will address some of the biggest ongoing challenges in nuclear medicine/PET coding and billing. Given the uncertainty about reimbursements for cardiac PET and other procedures, correct and complete coding, coupled with compliant billing, will be critical in the new year, especially as the pandemic eases and service volumes rebound. This is a session you can’t afford to miss!
- Explanations of HCPCS coding and payment changes, specific to nuclear medicine services, including radiopharmaceuticals
- Special help with areas of confusion caused by the 2020 changes to planar, SPECT, SPECT/CT and myocardial PET codes
- What you need to know, and how you need to continue to prepare, even though full implementation of Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) program has been delayed
- How to find and understand NCCI and other edits relevant to nuclear medicine
- An understanding of national and local coverage determinations applicable to nuclear medicine
- Help with areas of difficulty or confusion, such as NCCI edits for radiopharmaceuticals and the documentation required for limited and complete codes
- Case examples, using dictated reports, to illustrate common coding scenarios, reinforce key concepts and breakdown problem areas
- Time permitting, answers to attendee questions
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.