Our how-to resource keeps pace with expanding services and advancing technologies
The blending of cardiology with peripheral procedures has created new complexities for anyone involved with the coding and billing of these services. The experts behind our Peripheral & Cardiology Coder book stay on top of the latest trends and deliver the content you need to do your job with confidence.
Features and Benefits
Our peripheral & cardiology experts address common questions, concerns and problem areas:
- Clearing up the confusion over the coding and documentation of peripheral procedures involving lower and upper extremities, abdominal (aortography and renals) and carotid; includes detailed narrative to address proper code selection and which services may be billed separately
- Clear-cut insights into the critical differences between documenting cardiac cath and peripheral procedures
- Special help with the rules for coding and documenting peripheral imaging and interventions — an area being embraced by more and more cath labs
- Answers to many other frequently asked questions, such as "can we use add-on codes for cardiac cath and coronary interventions?" and "how do we bill for a diagnostic coronary angiogram in addition to an intervention?"
New and expanded content for 2019:
- Step by step through code changes for peripheral and cardiology procedures, including angiogram-based fractional flow reserve (FFR) and revascularization of the femoral-popliteal artery
- Parenthetical note updates for cardiac cath and peripheral codes
- New section on the treatment of lower extremity incompetent veins — an area of strong growth and high revenue with a propensity for claim denials
- Several new case examples that illustrate coding for various right-heart and left-heart catheterization scenarios plus IR venogram
Clear, step-by-step guidance through the tasks you perform every day:
- Coding for diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization and peripheral procedures, as well as diagnostic cardiology and noninvasive vascular procedures
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
- Meeting documentation requirements to support medical necessity and code assignments
A proven approach to effective learning and quick reference for busy professionals:
- Codes are grouped for fast navigation: by body system (e.g., head and neck) and then by CPT® code sequence
- Each section includes general coding guidelines; tables with CPT/HCPCS codes, modifier information, RVUs and hospital OPPS payment rates; definition of each procedure with its corresponding CPT code; and billing tips
- Case studies, with insightful commentary, throughout the book, to reinforce coding instruction
- Anatomical illustrations for visual representations of common and complex procedures
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.