In-depth help with cardiac cath & peripheral coding, physician documentation and much more
The blending of new peripheral procedures into cardiac cath labs has created new challenges for coders. Do you struggle to pinpoint the keywords and phrases in already highly complex documentation — which, to compound the challenge, can vary from physician to physician? Is there confusion about which codes to use based on the procedure performed? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, you’ll love how our
Peripheral & Cardiology Coder book supports your coding accuracy and, ultimately, your revenue stream.
Count on the experts behind this popular, practical resource to explain, step by step, how procedures are performed, the subtle differences between similar procedures and how to zero in on keywords and phrases in the physician documentation to arrive at the correct code. With enhanced knowledge, skills and confidence, you will quickly and correctly arrive at the right code choices that support your ability to consistently capture the full, legal payment.
Features and Benefits
Our experts address recent changes, plus common questions, concerns, and problem areas:
- Coverage of the latest code changes for reporting peripheral and cardiology procedures
- Confusion over the coding and documentation of peripheral procedures involving lower and upper extremities, abdominal (aortography and renal) and carotid; includes detailed narrative to address proper code selection and which services may be billed separately
- Critical differences between documenting cardiac cath and peripheral procedures
- Special help with the rules for coding and documenting peripheral imaging and interventions — an area being embraced by more and more cath labs
- Answers to many frequently asked questions, such as "can we use add-on codes for cardiac cath and coronary interventions?" and "how do we bill for a diagnostic coronary angiogram in addition to an intervention?"
Clear, step-by-step guidance through the tasks you perform every day:
- Coding for diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization and peripheral procedures (lower extremity, upper extremity, lower extremity veins, abdominal, renal, head/neck), as well as diagnostic cardiology and noninvasive vascular procedures
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
- Meeting documentation requirements to support medical necessity and code assignments
A proven quick-reference approach for busy professionals:
- Codes are grouped for fast navigation: by body system (e.g., head and neck) and then by CPT® code sequence
- Each section includes general coding guidelines; tables with CPT/HCPCS codes, modifier information, RVUs and hospital OPPS payment rates; definition of each procedure with its corresponding CPT code; and billing tips
- Case studies, with insightful commentary throughout the book, as well as full dictated reports, featuring highlighted key phrases, at the end of each chapter, to reinforce the rationale behind code assignments
- Anatomical illustrations for visual representations of common and complex procedures
Expedite Your Experience
Convenience is a click away: 2021 eBooks at only $20 with your print purchase.
- Enjoy increased flexibility with access to your resource electronically.
- Search for relevant information to fast track your answers.
- No need to look for your books, keep your resources stored in one easy place.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
*Subscribers to the
Interventional Radiology, Radiology, or Comprehensive All-Access Pass, and/or MedLearn Media Resource Center receive 30% off the print version of the books included with their membership. This 30% does not include AMA fees or shipping and handling fees. For questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will my book ship? We will begin publishing our 2021 books immediately after the CMS releases the 2021 Final Rule. We anticipate this will be in early November, and estimate our books will begin shipping in December.