Expect increased difficulty and confusion with cardiology coding in 2018 — and elevated payer expectations when it comes to the proper application of coding guidelines, documentation requirements and modifier assignments. Many of your peers have discovered the ideal antidote: 90 minutes with our cardiology coding, billing and compliance expert. Join us for our 2018 edition, and find out why this annual webcast earns such positive reviews!
What's on the agenda:
- Explanations of any 2018 CPT/HCPCS code changes specific to cardiology and peripheral procedures
- Identifying updates to Medicare payment policies for 2018 and the impact on cardiology service providers
- A review of National Correct Coding Initiative changes pertaining to cardiology services
- Guidance with areas of difficulty and confusion, including:
- Coding of cardiac catheterization, percutaneous coronary intervention and peripheral procedures
- Missed revenue opportunities (or over-billing) for acute myocardial infarction interventions
- Insufficient documentation for reporting diagnostic coronary angiograms, staged interventions and additional work during a cardiac catheterization
- Noncompliant dictated report programs
- Incorrect application of modifiers due to NCCI edits
- Case examples that reinforce key points and clarify common areas of confusion
Reviews by attendees of last year's webcast:
"Highly relevant and very timely."
"Comprehensive coding and billing information."
"Great information on coding updates for the coming year."
"Made me confident that I'm doing the right thing."
"A lot of information that I will be using."
"My first in-depth look at CPT changes."
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.