Fasten your seatbelt, 2018 is just around the corner, bringing a torrent of new ICD-10-CM codes — second largest expansion of diagnosis codes in a decade. Many of these new codes are directly tied to commonly encountered cardiology conditions. The impact on payments for cardiology service providers promises to be huge!
You can significantly reduce your risks through the application of information from this essential webcast. You'll hear from one of America's top cardiology coding experts, Terry Fletcher, who will walk you through the 2018 ICD-10-CM code changes specific to cardiology, along with the latest documentation requirements and more.
What's on the Agenda:
- Clear, actionable explanations of all the cardiology-specific ICD-10-CM code changes — including the more specific heart failure codes — plus documentation requirements that will enable you to maximize your revenue and minimize the risk of noncompliance
- Understanding how the patient response to medication will impact ICD-10-CM coding
- Tips for successfully appealing medical claim denials due to diagnosis errors
- Guidance with especially challenging areas, such as coding for myocardial infarction (type 1 and 2 codes)
- Easy-to-grasp interpretation of how initial, subsequent and sequela seven-digit characters may play a bigger role in cardiology coding for 2018
- Clinical examples that bring the new 2018 codes to life
BONUS: Free coding & documentation support tools
As a special bonus for attending this webcast, you'll receive several tools to support successful coding and documentation in 2018, including coding crosswalks for cardiology, procedure note reference sheets and an ICD-10-CM coding tip sheet.