CT/MR procedures are high volume in virtually every hospital and physician office nationwide. Incorrect and/or incomplete coding can have major impact on short-term payments as well as compliant billing. Utilizing easy to understand language and case studies, Jeff Majchrzak explains the codes available for use, key phrases in documentation, and coding and billing strategies for these procedures.
Gain an understanding of common issues surrounding CT, CTA, MRI and MRA procedures such as coding and documentation rules for combined procedures (i.e. MRI and MRA), documentation required for CTA services, and when it's appropriate to charge for 3D post-processing. With this webcast, you will leave with actionable solutions to address these pitfalls, as well as these five learning objectives:
- Understand current CT/CTA codes and correct usage
- Understand current MRI/MRA codes and correct usage
- Increase familiarity of most current CCI instructions and appropriate modifier usage relative to CT, CTA, MRI and MRA services
- Identify and correct current problems in CT/MR coding
- Sharpen skills necessary to extract key language in sample reports to arrive at correct code assignments