2018 was a challenging year for anyone involved with the coding or billing of radiation oncology services. Why not hit the "reset" button and make your job easier in 2019? Start by taking part in this update webcast. Our presenter, acclaimed radiation oncology consulting expert Susan Vannoni, will guide you through some of last year's biggest areas of confusion, from intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) code changes, to capturing payment for SpaceOAR
® hydrogel injections. Also covered is the practical application of any 2019 code changes — ensuring that you won't be taken by surprise.
- Identify any 2019 CPT®/HCPCS code changes specific to radiation oncology and understand their correct usage
- Clear up the confusion — and avoid missed charges — stemming from last year's IMRT codes changes, with a special focus on the proper use of CPT code 77301, including pre- and post-simulations as well as coding for multiple sessions
- Guidance with properly reporting SpaceOAR injections, helping to ensure the full, appropriate reimbursement
- The expected financial impact, both on physicians and facilities, of possible payment reductions for evaluation and management (E&M) services
- A walk through other areas of confusion, such as the appropriate use of simulation codes, billing for stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and reporting multiple imaging techniques for the same encounter
- Time permitting, answers to attendee questions
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.