Unsurpassed guidance through code changes for both diagnostic and interventional radiology
Are code unbundling and other recurring mistakes putting
your payments and compliance at risk?
For 2022 you’ll definitely want to hear Cathy Huyghe’s take
on the many significant changes coming to coding for both diagnostic and
interventional radiology. Your facility cannot afford to enter the new year
with outdated or incomplete information. The government does not give grace
periods when it comes to coding.
You will get in-depth guidance through all the changes: what
they are, the impact on your facility and how to apply them. Cathy will walk
you through strategies to prevent miscoding and noncompliant billing. In short,
do not miss this once-a-year opportunity to maximize your radiology reimbursements
and solidify your regulatory compliance!
What's on the agenda:
- Modification on computed tomography heart code with parenthetical changes
- Creation of new code set for trabecular bone score (TBS)
- Creation of Category III code set for Quantitative magnetic resonance for analysis of tissue composition
- Creation of Category III code of ablation of benign thyroid nodule(s)
- Creation of Category III code set for quantitative ultrasound tissue characterization (non-elastographic)
- Creation of Category III code set for automated analysis for vertebral fracture
- Creation of Category III code for noninvasive arterial plaque analysis of atherosclerotic disease from non-coronary CTA
- New directions and parentheticals pertaining to Radiology and Interventional Radiology
- Creation of new nerve destruction codes
- Discuss new C codes for lower extremity lithotripsy and inside-out CVC procedure
- Removal of complex motion imaging along with epidurography code
- Creation of a code for intracardiac vegetation removal
- Creation of a code for gastrostomy tube insertion with magnetic gastropexy
- Updates to Medicare payment policies covering both OPPS and MPFS and the impact on radiology services
- NCCI changes with discussion of the guidelines
- Case examples to reinforce appropriate documentation and coding
- Time permitting, discuss coding/documentation issues
- Guidance through CPT®/HCPCS code changes specific to diagnostic and interventional radiology services
- Expert insights into common problem areas, such as fine-needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy, PICC placement, vein ablations and the bundling (collapsing/packaging) of codes, along with strategies to mitigate risk
- Updates to Medicare payment policies, covering both OPPS and MPFS, and the impact on radiology service providers
- A review of NCCI changes pertaining to radiology services
- Case examples that reinforce key points and clarify common areas of confusion
- Time permitting, answers to attendee questions
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.