Put an end to the areas of uncertainty and confusion that lead to missed revenue opportunities
Confused by conflicting guidance for ultrasound coding? Struggling with gray areas in documentation, frequency limitations, and billing requirements? Wondering about new codes for 2020 and how to incorporate them into your coding workflow?
Resolve those areas of uncertainty and confusion with the help of Ultrasound Coder. Our 2020 edition delivers the guidance you need to avoid missed revenue opportunities and noncompliant practices. Plus, you get actionable instruction covering new codes for 2020 — what each code means, its correct usage and documentation requirements.
Features and Benefits
Our experts address common questions, concerns, and problem areas:
- In-depth coding guidance with noninvasive vascular studies, including what constitutes a complete vs. limited study
- Special help with areas of confusion, such as duplex exams, OB vs. non-OB ultrasound, soft-tissue ultrasound, breast ultrasound, elastography, echocardiography, testicular ultrasound, intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) and fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy
- Guidance with codes for ultrasound elastography, contrast-enhanced ultrasound, bone density ultrasound and FNA biopsy
- Instruction to help you avoid costly miscoding of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) ultrasound screening, ankle brachial index (ABI) assessments, and other recurring trouble spots
Updated and expanded content for 2020, including:
- Explanations and practical application of 2020 coding changes, including:
- New codes for duplex arterial inflow-venous outflow scans for upper extremity
- New codes for image-guided pericardiocentesis and pericardial drainage
- New category III codes for ultrasound-guided ablation
- Guidance with the new parenthetical guideline revisions
- Updated tips, guidance, and FAQs, based on commonly asked questions and chronic problem areas, including FNA, ultrasound elastography, contrast-enhanced ultrasound and noninvasive vascular ultrasound
Clear, step-by-step guidance through the tasks you perform every day:
- Coding for a full range of ultrasound procedures, including diagnostic ultrasound, ultrasound guidance procedures, echocardiography (fetal and non-fetal), noninvasive vascular diagnostic studies and IVUS
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
- How to accurately interpret physician documentation, including key words to look for, critical omissions and subtle word variations that can lead to substantially different results
A proven quick-reference approach for busy professionals:
- Codes are grouped for fast navigation: by body system (e.g., head and neck) and then by CPT code sequence
- Each section includes general coding guidelines; tables with CPT/HCPCS codes, modifier information, RVUs and hospital OPPS payment rates; definition of each procedure with its corresponding CPT code; and billing tips
- Case examples, with insightful commentary, throughout the book, to reinforce correct code selection and identification of key terms in documentation
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.