Why risk noncompliance due to confusion?
Ultrasound presents one of the most confusing areas of medicine to coders — which is precisely why so many hospitals and physician practices rely on this authoritative and practical resource to stay compliant. They trust our ultrasound coding experts for instruction, interpretation and tips, and you can, too.
The 2018 edition of Ultrasound Coder guides you through a full range of procedures, including diagnostic ultrasound, ultrasound guidance procedures, fetal and non-fetal echocardiography, noninvasive vascular ultrasound and intravascular ultrasound. With features like at-a-glance coding charts, quick billing tips and mini-case studies, you’ll promptly find the essential information you need to do your job as accurately and efficiently as possible.
As you know, ultrasound coding comes with a lot of challenging questions — which translates to a high risk for noncompliance. For example, with no specific CPT-defined code, how do you correctly report FAST exams? Which CPT® code should you use for ankle brachial index (ABI) assessments? Do you know when to use OB vs. non-OB ultrasound codes? Do you have the required documentation to support billing for duplex ultrasound studies?
So many questions, and just one place to go for answers: our 2018 Ultrasound Coder book. Don’t struggle with ultrasound coding any longer.
Features and benefits:
- Fully updated for 2018, including any new and revised codes, code descriptions, coding guidelines and payments
- Step-by-step through coding for a full range of ultrasound procedures, including diagnostic ultrasound, ultrasound guidance procedures, echocardiography (fetal and non-fetal), noninvasive vascular diagnostic studies and intravascular ultrasound
- Easy to navigate — codes are grouped by body system (e.g., head and neck) and then by CPT® code sequence
- Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
- Each section includes:
- General coding guidelines
- Table with the appropriate CPT/HCPCS codes, modifier information, RVUs and hospital OPPS payment rates
- Definition of each procedure with its corresponding CPT code
- Billing tips
- Case studies throughout the book help reinforce coding and billing instruction
- Special help with common areas of confusion and noncompliance, such as:
- Coding for non-invasive peripheral duplex and Doppler vascular procedures, including ankle brachial index (ABI) assessments
- Coding and documentation for complete vs. limited abdominal/retroperitoneal scans, as well as OB ultrasound
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy and device placement, including when you should report primary vs. add-on codes
® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an 'AMA Royalty Fee' in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT
® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.