Ultrasound and non-invasive vascular services continue to confound coding and billing staff, due not only to the multitude of ways that the same service(s) may be documented, but also because of confusion over CCI edits and payor payment policies.
With these high-volume procedures being performed in virtually every hospital and physician office nationwide, incorrect and/or incomplete coding can have profound effects on your organizations payment and compliance risks. This session explains, in easy to understand language, the codes available for use, terminology utilized, useful resources, and coding and billing strategies.
During this 90-minute presentation, you will gain an understanding of the CPT® code series used to define these procedures (US and non-invasive vascular), address common mistakes, coding issues, and ways to avoid them so you feel comfortable coding these services as both stand-alone or combined procedures.
Our presenters, Jeff Majchrzak and Donna Richmond will help you feel confident in understanding coding rules and documentation requirements using sample reports for ultrasound services, including (but not limited to):
- Non-invasive vascular services including duplex and ankle-brachial index (ABI)
- Soft tissue ultrasounds, including clarification on elastography
- OB vs. non-OB
- Breast ultrasounds including ABUS
- Extremity (non-vascular) ultrasounds (76881-76882)
During this webcast you will...
- Understand current ultrasound CPT code options available for assignment
- Understand current non-invasive vascular (i.e., duplex) CPT code options available for assignment
- Raise awareness of CCI, modifiers, and MUE/MAI material and how it impacts these services
- Sharpen skills necessary to extract key language in sample reports to arrive at correct code assignments
- Decipher issues in coding for new or current procedures (i.e., duplex, breast, extremities, etc.)
- Increase your understanding of medical necessity requirements for complete vs. limited studies. Who can make the changes and why?
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.