A focused solution to the extreme complexity of vascular IR coding
For interventional radiology coders, vascular procedures are among the most difficult to understand and report. Code bundling was supposed to make life easier — but it actually created new challenges by requiring you to be more precise in your decision-making.
You can tackle the extreme complexity of vascular IR coding with the help of these 34 at-a-glance charts, featuring color-coded, high-quality anatomical images, supplemented by quick tips. In short order, you'll gain a clearer understanding of a broad spectrum of arterial and venous IR procedures, enabling you to navigate efficiently from physician documentation to the correct CPT
® code assignments.
Vascular Interventional Radiology Coding Charts also open up channels of communication with your medical staff — especially valuable when you're trying to decipher subtle differences between similar procedures. Referring to the anatomical images, you can quickly clarify physician intent and why the documentation points to one code over another.
Features and Benefits:
- A visual representation of coding for a broad range of vascular IR services, including arterial and venous procedures in the upper and lower extremities, abdomen, head and neck
- The charts in this set display:
- Bundled and component-coded procedures
- Guidance with the rules governing selective and nonselective coding
- Coding combinations for commonly performed procedures
- The most current CPT codes
- At-a-glance interpretation of the rules governing vascular IR procedures, including angiography, angioplasty, stenting, atherectomy and combination procedures, as well as initial and additional vessels
- Anatomical diagrams included in this set include:
- Lower and upper extremities – arteries and veins
- Commonly accessed arteries of the abdomen, pelvis and lower extremities
- Head, neck and chest
- Lower extremity revascularization
- And others!
- Easy to navigate — codes are organized by color to show order of selectivity
- Heavy, laminated stock that stands up to repeated handling (applies to print format only)
® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.