Walk through coding for venous imaging and interventions
Providing instruction in coding for venous imaging and interventions, this webcast will provide much-needed clarification and examples on vena cava procedures, treatment of lower extremity incompetent veins, endovenous ablation therapy, venous sclerosing, PICC and CVA including new inside-out technique procedures with examples and discussion of common coding errors. With in-depth descriptions of the procedures themselves, corresponding code choices, and how those code choices change based on how the procedure was performed, reinforced with examples, case studies, and anatomic diagrams, walk away confident when coding for venous procedures.
The agenda, covered by our presenter, Cathy Huyghe includes:
- Detailed overviews of venous imaging and interventions
- Review of anatomy, vascular families, procedures, and corresponding code choices
- Treatment of lower extremity incompetent veins, spider veins, venous sclerosing, and the different types of endovenous ablation therapy
- Peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) and central venous access (CVA) procedures
- Coding for new inside-out CVA technique
- Distinctions between arterial and venous coding
- Overview of CPT® codes and how they relate to procedures, anatomy, and key phrases to look for in documentation
- Case examples and scenarios with an emphasis on the do’s and don’ts when coding for venous procedures
- Answers to frequently asked questions and, time permitting, answers to attendee questions
Click here for information about other sessions in this 11-part webcast series.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.